Posts RSS RSS

Welcome to our site

We provide product reviews to help you decide easier.

Hamilton Beach 47665 BrewStation Plus 12-Cup Automatic Drip Coffeemaker, Reviews

/

It was a Christmas gift from a dear friend. I killed my beloved percolator and hadn't ordered another yet when she bought this for me. I had not wanted to go back to drip or to a mostly plastic machine, however for this friend I would. I was surprised. This makes a good cup of coffee and how it does beats the dickens out of me, because by all accounts I have read, coffee is no good if it is not brewed at nearly 200 degrees. The coffee that first comes out,( impatient, I cannot wait until it is finished), is lukewarm. As the coffee continues to brew the coffee heats until the temp is 150 by my candy thermometer, about five minutes after the brewing stops. I have no problems getting a strong cup of coffee either. As with all coffee, fresh beans and filtered water is the way to go. It does sometimes leak, and I can't find where, nor figure out why sometimes and not always. For the coffee to taste good the baskets must be kept spotlessly clean. You can rinse and repeat if you are in a desperate hurry for the second pot of coffee, but if you try it the third time, the coffee tastes bad. It turns itself off after two hours which is nice and oddly enough the coffee doesn't turn progressively bitter and "cooked" by sitting in the brewer and since the bucket that contains the brewed coffee sits on a heating plate, by all rights it should taste just as bitter and cooked as any coffee in any carafe on a heating plate.But it simply doesn't. After an hour it tastes a bit stale, but not undrinkable as coffee made in a regular drip machine tends to be. The biggest con I can see is the size, no pun intended and the mystery leak, which may simply be I am not pouring as carefully as I believe myself to be. In short, it breaks all the rules of coffeemaking but makes a decent to good, depending on bean, cup of coffee anyway. So at this price, this makes this machine a five star buy all the way around.

Since I have a coffee press now, I don't drink as much of the coffee made in this as I did when I first recieved it....and even though the french press has made me forget my beloved perc pot, when I don't have time for the press I still find this machine makes an acceptable cup of coffee.


Hamilton Beach 47665 BrewStation Plus 12-Cup Automatic Drip Coffeemaker
Features :

- 12 cup coffeemaker with enclosed brewing system and no need for a carafe
- 1 handed dispensing; brew-pause function; thermal-lined insulation
- Programmable for "wake-up" coffee; simple push-button controls
- 2 hour auto shut-off; digital clock/timer; removable water tank; drip tray
- Measures 6 by 8 by 17 inches; 1-year warranty


Called the BrewStation because there is no "pot" involved, this 12-cup automatic drip coffeemaker features a thermal-lined insulated coffee tank that maintains the brew temperature and keeps coffee hot and fresh inside until it's ready to be served. Simply depress the trigger with virtually any size mug for one-hand dispensing--no carafe means no pouring, no spills, and no hotplate that can sometimes scorch coffee or make it bitter. The machine can be programmed for "wake-up" coffee with effortless push-button convenience, and its two-hour auto shut-off provides peace of mind. In addition, mid-brew dispensing makes the appliance handy for anybody in a hurry. Other highlights include a large digital clock/timer with backlighting, a removable water tank for simple filling, a helpful drip tray, and easy-to-view water levels with measurement markings. Housed in sleek black plastic with stainless-steel accents, the 975-watt coffeemaker measures 6 by 8 by 17 inches and carries a one-year warranty.


Review :

"As the owner of two previous Brew master Coffee machines, I can honestly tell you this one is also fantastic, terrific. I had no problems with my other two, except for time and wearing out, and since nothing lasts for ever, I knew I had to get another one. This coffee maker is perfect because there is no glass carafe to break, it is pretty simple to use, and everyone gets a nice, hot cup of coffee. There are more fancier Brew Stations, but for my usage, this one works out great. Considering I use my last two Brew Stations constantly every single day, sometimes twice a day, or more. Every guest enjoyed pouring their own cup of coffee, and raved about it. If you are looking for a coffee machine that lives up to the test, time after time, get yourself this one. Excellent!" See more reviews...

Keurig B60 Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Home-Brewing System, Reviews
Cheap DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Maker, Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.